The Spiritual World - Divine Reality

Who out there has had a ‘spiritual experience’? I’m guessing many of you have, whether it’s simply a dream or a gut feeling, but we seldom talk about them as it isn’t quite ‘normal’ to experience such things. I have felt for a long time that it is becoming more normal, and I feel excited every time I meet someone that I learn has. There are many things I could write that I have experienced, but I hesitate. Maybe one day I will. I would love this blog to be a place where people have courage to share their personal experiences, including me.  Most people except that we are spiritual beings, as we can agree that most of our conditions are spiritual; our thoughts, our creativity, our memories, our emotions…and more. During my own spiritual walk, especially around twenty years ago when I first connected with the Divine Spirit in a way I could have never imagined, I noticed that Native American people would come to visit me during either dreams or meditations. This beautiful race seem to have a specific role in the spirit world, helping people connect with who they are.  Several months ago, I did a heartfelt painting for someone, that reminded me of the First Nations people and their role in the spirit world. It was a painting I had painted a few years earlier, but that was never finished, and when it came time to do this painting, I was drawn to it. 


It didn’t take long to finish the painting, and the effect was a little abstract and simplistic, but I felt it had a complex meaning. I decided to investigate it’s meaning more. There is much movement in this painting, and everything seems to be going in the same direction. There is a Chief’s profile with a feathered head dress in front of a large rock formation in the background. Their is also a pack of wolves running, and across the middle of the painting, a feather or quill with what looks like Arabic or Persian writing. (It has been written from right to left the same as these languages) The recipient of this art work is from California, so I decided to look into this a bit and see what special land marks are there. One came up straight away that caught my eye. Its shape was the same as the one in the painting. The name also struck a cord. It is known in Spanish as ‘El Capitan’, which was a loose translation of the native Miwok language - that meant ‘The Chief’. It is a prominent land mark in the Yosemite National Park, California. California is on the west coast of America, which is part of the Pacific rim. Therefore I believe the subjects in this painting are facing the North Pacific Ocean towards the Asian continent and the Middle East which we all know is a great spiritual birthing place of many of the worlds major religions where many sacred scriptures have been written. Traveling the road of Religion is one many have chosen. It helps many attain a spiritual reality in this earthly plain, and to prepare for the spiritual worlds beyond. Like a beautiful quote from the Baha'i writings says;

"Religion is the road of the divine Kingdom. It involves the acquisition of praiseworthy attributes, heavenly illumination and righteous actions in the world of humanity. This pathway is conducive to the progress and uplift of the world. It is the source of human enlightenment, training and ethical improvement; the magnet which attracts the love of God because of the knowledge of God it bestows. This is the road of the holy Manifestations of God for they are in reality the foundation of the divine religion of oneness. There is no change or transformation in this pathway. It is the cause of human betterment, the acquisition of heavenly virtues and the illumination of mankind." - Abdu'l-Baha

The pack of wolves intrigued me, so I decided to search ‘Pack of wolves in California’ and funnily enough came across an article about the Imnaha wolf pack and the extensive lengths people are going to let native wolves back into the wild since they were completely culled in the 1940’s. The articles read about the common fears and misconceptions of wolves and the benefits for the environment when they are let back. What impact are we having on the natural environment as humans? When will a natural balance be restored?

There is a quote I found while researching that touched me. It read:

 "When the earth is ravaged and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people shall come unto earth from many colours, classes and creeds. And who by their actions and deeds, shall make the earth green again. They will be known as the Warriors of the Rainbow."

I like the feel of this painting, I like the wisdom it provokes and it’s hidden meanings. What meanings does it speak out to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hathor - Mother Goddess

Before Birth

A New Dawn