Solace


An intuitive piece of writing I did to go with this drawing called 'Solace'.

'Why was I stolen? Why was I taken away from my homeland? I was removed from my home to be a slave to the white man. We were treated like game; captured, tortured, caged and whipped. It would have been more blissful to be shot in the head like the hunted Zebra. Instead we were made to suffer all our lives on. The zebra lies on the land it came from, it’s bones resting there on the earth that gave it life. How I miss that life, how I miss my people, my land. Now it is a far, far distant memory.
Centuries have passed. Now my children’s children do not know me, they do not know the land they came from. But I won’t forget them. They are always part of me, they are always part of Africa.
I am waiting for when they come home and for when the solace their hearts have always missed, finally embraces them.'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before Birth

A New Dawn

Hathor - Mother Goddess