Metamorphosis

I am relatively new on this journey of intuitive art and the fact that each painting comes to me in a different way doesn’t help. I like others often have that voice in my head that carries thoughts of doubt and ‘what if’s’. The journey with this painting though slowly brought me more confidence, as I was reminded to stand in my truth, let go of doubt and to just be ready. 

To begin with, I was given an image in my head of three main colours, blue, magenta, and yellow. These colours look so vibrant together and are primary colours, so in using them, a rainbow of colour unfolds. I found I needed to be in a peaceful space to paint this piece. It was like a meditation when I painted, it was lovely. My hands were guided to different colours as I went and I painted freely without preconceptions. 

Those thoughts though were niggling, not enough to stop me, but I was aware that I was being cautious and precious, feeling a bit over-whealmed at this whole intuitive process. Then a funny thing happened. Using one of my palettes (icecream container lids) that already had dry paint on it, my brush moved to the dry black paint and started dabbing. I was suprised and thought - no not black, that doesn’t work? - then, the words “lighten up!” came through and I smiled. Spirit was having a joke with me. I suddenly felt more relaxed and not so feeble. 

So the meanings in this painting: At the foreground below there are four spiral shapes. The first on the left represents the beginning, the potential, the seed, or in this case, the egg. Then there is a caterpiller shape, then a chrysalis, then the transformation to a butterfly. There are three butterflys in this painting, representing the three colours. Each butterfly also represents a word. The magenta butterfly - love, yellow - wisdom, and blue - healing. This image also reminds me of the spiritual healing process, where our trapped emotions, heaviness, or anything holding us back from our potential can be uplifted or transformed like the metamorphosis process. 

This painting, like the other intuitive paintings, has a strong connection to the recipient and this one felt even more personal as I believe it was a relative coming through as this persons guardian. When I finished the painting, by putting the twinkle in this person’s eyes, I felt a sudden rush of emotion, like I was going to cry, out of love. That to me was the best confirmation, as I know that when this happen’s, they are happy. 


I feel so thankful, and still find it a little hard to believe that this gift is opening up in this way. But I am ready to allow this to flourish and am so happy to have the opportunity to share this with others through their trust in me and in this process. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hathor - Mother Goddess

Before Birth

A New Dawn