The Nuturing Protector

When I saw this piece in my mind, I saw a large male stag standing there majestically looking at me. I love the beauty of these animals and was excited to see and paint one. I was curious why this would have come through for this person. I went ahead and tried to paint on canvas the image I had seen. I was aware through out the process of a male father like presence. It was as though the stag represented the commissioners father in some way. I felt a protective male energy that showed a love and loyalty to his family. I was also aware that the stag felt like it was in a New Zealand setting. In the background I painted a deer and its fawn to further enhance the message of protection. 






In many cultures the deer symbolises spiritual authority. In traditional Christian symbolism, the deer symbolised piety, devotion and God taking care of his children (humanity), which is similar to the feeling I got from this piece except it was the father taking care of his family. For native tribes of North America, the deer is a messenger, an animal of power and a totem representng sensitivity, gentleness and intuition. Also, interestingly, I found out that the deer was depicted on traditional symbols of the heart chakra in Hindu traditions and is often used in Buddhist imagery with the Dharma wheel.  

All in all, there is so much to read about the spiritual significance of the deer to ones life personally as an animal totem, or just to meditate on, enhancing our perspective and beliefs. When I gave this painting to the recipient and explained that I had felt a father presence, she wasn't surprised, as she had been aware of her father's energy at the time. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hathor - Mother Goddess

Before Birth

Destiny