'Hidden Mystic"

It was wonderful to do this commission. It has been a while since I did the last one as I had chosen to focus on a solo exhibition over the past year, honouring two hundred years from the Birth of the Bab, one of the central figures of the Baha’i Faith. 

This painting was for someones daughter who I hadn’t met in person. After receiving her name, I allowed a reflective moment on what her piece would be, then I saw beautiful white and soft pink flowers spread out as though they were floating or falling, but they looked like a pattern. I recognised them as the flower of the ‘burning bush’, the holy bramble, as I had used this flower in a painting when I was part of a collaborative exhibition honouring the bicentenary of the birth of Baha’u’llah two years ago. 
I looked into this moment of reflection again and I could see a white peacock had appeared from behind the flowers so straight away I recognised that this painting would have spiritual significance. After finishing the painting the name ‘Hidden Mystic’ came to me. The peacock had been hidden but now had appeared. 

Blossoms often symbolise Spring. Maybe this painting refers to the Divine Springtime; the time when a new Manifestation of God is born into this world, such as Krishna, Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, Noah, Buddha, Christ, Muhammed, and more recently the Bab and Baha’u’llah and all the special souls that reflect this Light that have been spiritual leaders amongst men. Also the blossoming in ones own heart, the emerging of our truth, our inner potential, connecting with the divine and reflecting the divine gifts. There is a beautiful quote from the Baha’i writings that talks to both of these concepts: 

“The purpose of the one true God, in revealing Himself unto men is to lay bare those gems that lie hidden within the mine of their true and inmost selves. That the divers communions of the earth, and the manifold systems of religious belief, should never be allowed to foster the feelings of animosity among men, is, in this Day, of the essence of the Faith of God and His Religion. These principles and laws, these firmly-established and mighty systems, have proceeded from one Source, and are the rays of one Light. That they differ one from another is to be attributed to the varying requirements of the ages in which they were promulgated.”  - Baha’u’llah

The white peacock has so many beautiful meanings which I will list a few of here and leave the rest for people to see themselves. I see the white peacock applies to the meaning already expressed and is also symbolic of pure light, unconditional love and mystical beauty.

I wrote this simple song to go with this painting…

Hidden mystic within come out
Hidden mystic within
Fortune comes to those who sow
Fortune comes to those
You have so much love to give
You have so much love…

I look forward to the next intuitive art commission. Thank you dearly to all those who have participated in this journey so far.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hathor - Mother Goddess

Before Birth

Destiny